In the context of the 4th industrial revolution, the smart optimization of all the items in a manufacturing process (including concept generation, production and product transaction) is becoming more and more important. The new smart, connected products, along with the massive usage of unstructured information coming from Internet of Things and Big Data, demand a whole new technology infrastructure within a company. This can be applied to either traditional manufacturing processes or to completely new ones, as in the case of 3D printing and additive manufacturing.
In this context, the solid expertise of EDA group in IOT technologies, cyber-physical systems, wireless sensor networks and machine learning can be put to good use in many ways, fostering innovative solutions aimed at i) more efficient manufacturing of new products ii) dynamic response to product demand iii) real-time optimization of manufacturing production and supply-chain networks.
- Internet of Things
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Pervasive Computing
- Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks for Industry 4.0
- Cyber-Physical Energy Systems
- Middleware for enabling the interoperability across heterogeneous data-sources (HW and SW)
- Distributed software architectures for Industry 4.0
- Software Solutions for Additive Manufacturing
- Data Analytics for processes optimization
- Interactive visualization of production processes