The main research interests of the EDA group are in the study and development of computer-aided design (CAD) algorithms, methodologies, and prototype tools for digital VLSI circuits and systems. In particular, the following topics are covered:
- System-Level, Behavioral-Level and RTL Synthesis.
- Logic Synthesis and Optimization.
- Layout-Driven Synthesis and Physical Design.
- Power Modeling, Estimation and Optimization.
- Battery Modeling, Design and Management for Mobile Systems.
- Reconfigurable Computing (Design of FPGA-Based Systems).
- Decision Diagrams (BDDs, ADDs, ZDDs).
- Symbolic Graph Algorithms.
- FSM and Finite State Systems Verification.
- Process Variation-Aware Design
- Thermal-Aware Design
- Modeling and Estimation of Ageing effects on nanometer Design
Moreover, the research activities of the EDA Group interest both bioinformatics and biotechnologies, with particular emphasis on the following topics:
- Biological and molecular imaging
- Quantitative immunohistochemistry and fluorescence analysis
- Biological system modelling
- Artificial intelligence
- High-troughput data mining for biomedical applications, classification and clustering
- Data mining techniques for clinical functional genomics and system biology
- Gene and biochemical network design (regulative and associative)
In addition, the EDA Group is interested in Smart city and Smart systems research activities. The main covered topics are:
Smart Systems & Cities
- Wireless Sensor and Actuator Network for environment monitoring and control
- Middleware for network interoperability
- Interactive visualization of energy information